Streamers have now started to stream with only one monitor. It may feel challenging to complete this task but it is not impossible. If you want to stream with only one monitor the first step will be to install your streaming application. After installing your application you will have to adjust the setting that you require to use.
How to step up the stream with one monitor?
Setting up a stream with only one monitor may not be challenging. You just need to change the settings in the tab. Here are some of the steps that you need to follow:
- You can start by opening the settings on the window. Move towards the stream tab. There you will check the option of streaming service that you are willing to use.
- You will come across some options like Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter.
- It is important to connect with the service that you want to use.
- For example, if you use twitch connect to the account.
- There is one option of stream key here and you have to click it.
- The stream key is required to stream.
- Just copy and paste this key into OBS.
- The next important step is to set the encoder
- Set up the display and scene accordingly
- Move on to the sources and press the plus icon
- Add the display capture from there
- If you want to record your voice press the icon in the resources option
- Press start for the streaming to begin.
What problems can you face with a single monitor?
Streamers use a multi-monitor depending on their streaming requirements. They have to check the status for streaming and check out the chatbox. The display source will display all the information that viewers want to see.
The streaming application contains all the necessary descriptions that may get leaked by mistake. If you have more than one monitor you can easily change the settings as per your choice.
However, even with one monitor streamers can still see what the viewers are writing in the chatbox.
Using a single monitor can be tough as you won’t be able to see the chat as well as streaming options on it fully.
Usually, it takes half of the screen and you cannot look into it while streaming in front of your viewers.
When you have more than one monitor it will allow you to stream in one while checking out the comments on the other one.