Last updated: Oct 5, 2022
Play and stream 100% wirelessly in real-time. Enjoy Chromecast Casting on Quest and Quest 2.
How to Stream Oculus Quest 2 on Twitch
- First, you need a supported Chromecast device.
- Sure, Chromecast 3 and all Chromecast 3 devices work, but the only device I’ve made is Chromecast Ultra.
- If you don’t have one, buy one.
- Then it will be a little more difficult here.
- Since Chromecast is an HDMI input device, it cannot be connected directly to a PC, so it needs a screen to stream video.
- And since this only applies to movies with the right content like Netflix, HBO, Hulu, etc., we need a way around it.
So, to work on these limitations, you need to purchase an HDCP stripper / HDMI splitter.
- This product from Portta is the one I currently use and has been tested with success.
There are also two output sockets so you can output to the TV in addition to the capture card if needed.
- You will then need to use a capture card to receive the video from your Chromecast to your PC screen, just like you would with any video recorder from a PSVR or HDMI output device.
- I have used El Gato HD60 S in the past and it works for a while but upgraded to the same El Gato HD60 S but the software is better and more reliable.
- It also includes a 4K crossover, so even if you’re streaming 1080p, the TV output can be 4K just like the PS5 and other consoles.
- Now, if it’s more expensive to buy high-end Elgato, we recommend the cheapest.
- The IdeaForce $ 20 capture card captures 1080p video, just plug the HDMI output into the “Android” slot, then plug your USB drive into your PC’s USB 3.0 port.
- It looks like a “video capture device” in OBS, including audio.
Using the Oculus Casting website
Following the release of Quest 2, Facebook announced a new option that eliminates the need for a Chromecast device.
To change your location, simply visit the Oculus Casting portal and log into your Oculus / Facebook account link.
- To do this, you need to set “Computer” as the option when you click on the “Show” and “Repair” options on your headset.
- Click on it and it will now be sent to your PC with audio. In my experience, the performance is better and the latency is lower between the actual movement and the image itself.
- It works fine, but I can only see it with one eye.
- In other words, the display is a rectangle with a black box on the side and has more room in the stream instead of a 16: 9 full-screen display like the Chromecast.
- You might want to populate it with banners, sponsors, posting notices, chat boxes, etc.
I don’t use this method because I like to place the game image on the screen as much as possible. Keep using your Chromecast, dividers, and capture card.
Audio and webcam
Now, if you like me and have friends, staff, and more on Discord while streaming and want to read and reply in VR, you should take this a step further. To hear the sound, a wireless PC must be receiving sound. You also need a reliable, high-quality wireless microphone that speaks to your audience and is not connected at all.
So I recommend the LucidSound LS31 headphones, but any wireless headphones with a good microphone will work just fine. You don’t need a headset if you don’t want to talk to anyone on Discord.
- Just connect your headset to your Quest. However, you will still need to send the audio from the PC to OBS, so you will need a different wireless microphone solution.
- Haven’t tried it, but the wireless warranty system will work fine.
- And if you want to expose your body, you will need a good webcam with a camera or other support.
You can visit more interesting topics: Here.