There was a time when you could download a Facebook app on your Roku to watch Facebook on TV.
This app is no longer available and has not been replaced, so it is technically not possible to load Facebook or Facebook Live onto your Roku device.
Facebook is taking the next big step in connecting people with their friends and family. The company announced that they will be a live streaming video on Facebook Roku starting today.
November 4th at 12 pm EST! This means you can watch your favorite moments from all over again as if they were happening right now.
Without having to leave home or work (or do anything else) while watching someone’s camera captures everything exactly how we see life these days.
How to do streaming Facebook live on Roku
However, there are some alternatives, e.g. B. Screen reflection, using another streaming service or device, connecting a smartphone or PC to a TV using a cable connection, or using a Smart TV browser.
- Among other things, you can play the Facebook page from your mobile phone or tablet. While this isn’t exactly a Facebook app for Roku, the result is the same. You can browse your profile or watch Facebook live or watch Facebook on TV.
- Make sure your Roku device is properly connected to your TV. If you are unsure or if you are starting your Roku for the first time, check out our article on how to start your Roku. With your Roku turned on, make sure your mobile phone and Roku are connected to a Wi-Fi network. Next, make sure your Roku device is on the home screen.
- Using your Roku remote, scroll down and select Settings from the navigation menu in the lower left.
- Then select System.
- Select Screen Mirroring and select Prompt, Always Allow, or Never Allow. In this case, Prompt or Allow always work.
- Other ways to bring Facebook to your TV
- If you’re not thrilled with the options available when your mobile device shows up on your Roku, you have two other options to get Facebook Live or Facebook Watch on your TV. [ Continue… ]
[ to be continued… ]
- Use Facebook with another streaming service or device. For some services, you can download the Facebook app or access Facebook to watch on your TV. You can try various free services and players to find the one that works for you. Connect your computer, smartphone, or tablet to your TV with a cable connection. If you need help getting set up, check out our guide on connecting your phone to your TV or connecting your PC to your TV. If you have a smart TV, you can open a browser on your smart TV to go to Facebook and log in using the browser. You need to be able to search your feed like any other device.
If you plan to have the glass screen on your Roku frequently, select “Always Allow” so that you do not have to follow these steps whenever you want to bring a glass screen from your device to the TV.
You still need to control Facebook from your phone but have at least one widescreen TV to watch or watch live content.