Last updated: Dec 1, 2022
Amazon ads on prime video are one of the most annoying ads nowadays. It appears during hot shows like the walking dead, the game of thrones, stranger things, and American gods. If you are an Amazon prime video customer, you would definitely have seen this ad.
Amazon Prime Video is a subscription-based video streaming service. It is similar to Netflix as you pay a monthly fee and gain access to an extensive library of content. With Netflix, you can also control what part of the world you want your content to play from.
So if you are outside the US, then you can change the content region to the UK or Germany and access the content that is only available in those areas.
How to Stop Ads on Amazon Prime Video?
The addictive nature of Amazon Prime has made some people quit the service thinking they can save money in the long run. However, Amazon has started to play dirty by placing ads on its products.
Amazon Prime offers a lot for $99 a year and a lot of users are looking to try to remove amazon prime ads from their accounts. This blog can help users save money; the amount of money you can save will depend on what you purchase on Amazon.
Read more: How to stream Amazon Prime on Android?
How to remove amazon prime video ads?
Amazon Ads are everywhere.
So, I’m going to show you how to disable them. This is not how to block them, this is how to disable them. The reason for this is that when you block them, they stop showing.
The other thing is that you have to have VPN (a virtual private network) otherwise they can find where you are. If you don’t have VPN, then they’ll keep showing.
So, why not just disable them?
- One of the drawbacks of Amazon Prime is the Amazon Prime ads.
- They are a bit intrusive and sometimes make it difficult to focus on the content you are looking for.
- If you have Amazon Prime and don’t particularly like Amazon Prime ads, then you can easily disable them.
- Follow the easy steps to get started by heading on over to the Amazon website.
- Make sure you are logged into your Amazon account.
- Click on “Your Account”.
- Click on “Manage Prime Membership”.
- Click on “Do you want to share your Prime benefits with another adult?”
- Enter the email address.
- Click on “Send Invitation”.
- Click on “Get Started”.
- Click on “Allow Now”.
- Click on “Get Your Benefits”.
- Click on the “Library” tab.
- Click on “Movies & TV”
- Scroll down until you see “Prime Video”.
- Click on the “HD” button.
- Click on the “End Ads” button.
- Click on the “Yes, I’m in” button Step.
Why do I have ads on my Amazon Prime?
It’s likely that you have ads on your Amazon Prime account because you’ve been watching a lot of Prime videos. Amazon videos are free for Prime members, so the company makes money by showing ads to viewers.
The good news is that you can watch as many videos as you want without having to see any ads. All you need to do is disable the feature that shows ads before or after a video.
- To do this, go to Your Account > Preferences and uncheck the box next to “Show me video recommendations sponsored by Amazon”.
- You’ll still be able to watch Prime videos, but you won’t see any ads.