If you love the games on Xbox One but don’t own one or have to share your Xbox One with the whole family, you may be wondering if you can play those games on your PC.
Well, if that’s the case, then you will be pleased to know that it is in fact possible to play those Xbox One games on PC. And no, you do not have to stream the game through your PC, provided you have a PC running Windows 10 and upwards. I mean, you could if you wanted to, but why make things harder?
Play Xbox One Games On PC Without Streaming
Besides, we have been streaming pretty much everything. Let’s try a different way this time.
Without further ado, here is all you need to know, including a step-by-step guide on how to use Xbox Play Anywhere to play your favorite Xbox One games on your PC without streaming.
What Exactly Is Xbox Play Anywhere?
Xbox Play Anywhere is a service launched by Microsoft specifically for playing your Xbox One games on your PC running Windows 10 or higher.
To explain further, basically, there are certain games that are made compatible with the Xbox Play Anywhere service that, once you download them, can be played either on your Windows 10 PC or your Xbox One console.
Is Xbox Play Anywhere Free?
To put it simply, Xbox Play Anywhere does not include any extra charges. Basically, if the game you are buying is enabled for the Xbox Play Anywhere service, you do not need to pay anything other than the cost of the game.
Once you have the game, you can play it on your PC through the Xbox Play Anywhere service without paying any extra money.
How to Use Xbox Play Anywhere to Play Xbox One Games on PC
Now that you know what the Xbox Play Anywhere service is and how it works in principle, here is a step-by-step guide on how to use it to play Xbox One games on your Windows 10 PC.
- From the Xbox One website log into your Microsoft account.
- From this page browse the games compatible with Xbox Play Anywhere and select the one you wish to play. You may have to buy the game if you do not already own it.
- Next, click on Install to.
- Click on the PC tab and click on Launch. Windows will now begin installing the game along with the Xbox app.
- When you are prompted to open the Xbox App to continue downloading the game, select Open Xbox.
- Your Xbox app will now lead you to the Microsoft listing for that game. From the menu on the left, click on My library and choose your game.
- Select Install
- Select your installation location from the prompt and then click Install. The game will begin downloading automatically.
- Once the download is finished, click on Play to enjoy your game.
This was the easy way to play your Xbox One games on PC without streaming using the Xbox Play Anywhere service by Microsoft.
You can now go ahead and enjoy your favorite Xbox games on your Windows 10 PC without interruptions.
Don’t forget to share this article and let us know your thoughts down below in the comments section.